90 Sheppard Ave E. Suite
700 Toronto, Ontario,
Canada, M2N 0A4
Quad has an ongoing commitment to Research and Development (R & D). We believe that constantly developing and researching new ways to improve process modeling, design methods and equipment design is key to maintaining a strong reputation as a leader in process design and equipment supply to the metals industry.
R&D has allowed Quad to successfully undertake many projects where new processes are required, and where no previous references existed. Quad has worked extensively with NRC (National research Council of Canada), with various R & D projects completed with industrial partners to ensure that ‘real life’ conditions are tested.
Quad’s R & D group comprises a number of senior specialists (including permanent staff members with PhD’s), who have extensive experience in the metals industry.
Some examples of Quad’s R&D projects include:
- Physical Modeling of sheet pile, super-light wide beams and track shoe sections
- Development of new process for producing Titanium Billets.
- New Process and Equipment for elimination of ridge buckles.
- Development of advanced 3-D simulation tools for hot and cold rolling.
- Advanced modeling for Hot Strip Mill run out table cooling.
- Customized equipment solutions for melting and rolling.
Providing innovative solutions and dependable performance since 1983.